6 weeks on the cheap.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011
After Wilson's vet bills earlier this year, moving, tire blow outs, parking tickets and carrying the financial burden of a 2 person household for almost 2 months on my own (he paid his share of rent, but I paid all other bills for a 2 person/bedroom apartment from February to date as well as essentially forfeiting all my deposits at Jefferson Square) and moving again, my checkbook is looking so very sad.

Being broke for the first 6 weeks of summer and playing catch up for the rest of the year wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I suppose it is a small price to pay for my freedom and ultimate happiness.

So, until the beginning of August I'll be living "on the cheap" - which typically entails a lot of not going anywhere (gas is expensive!) and doing a lot of catch-up projects around the apartment and dining in a more frugal manner. Please feel free to share your tips on inexpensive meals and ways to have fun with practically no money.

It looks like the upcoming weeks will see a lot of settling in, yoga-ing, reading, sewing, Breaking Bad watching (and possibly True Blood,) and homemade cocktails whilst sunning on the balcony. Friends in the Seattle area, consider this an open invitation to join me - it is a pretty big balcony!

2 comments:

Valentina said...

One wonderful resource for awesome stuff to do on the cheap or no-money is Freeattle. Look her up on Facebook (I will comment there, too).

Alyson O'Holic said...

I know I follow on Twitter! Part of the issue with going out at all is the drain on gas AND my tendency to spend money when I'm out and about, but I will definitely start paying closer attention to their posts, thank you!

Post a Comment